A great deal of teenagers have very hard times fighting with acne break outs. No matter where it is: on your cheeks, forehead, neck, back or chest, it is a very bothering and embarrassing problem. You have, probably, tried a lot of various topical creams, ointments and lotions, which are available in our pharmacies and health care shops. They all were so promising, but the majority of them did not cause any noticeable positive effect. Therefore, it is a good time to try the most effective natural remedies for treating acne. First of all, you need to remember that you can use herbal remedies for acne treatment both internally and externally, so the combination of these two therapeutic methods will help you maximize the effects!
There are lots of herbal solutions for topical acne treatment. Specialists recommend using a great variety of herbal mixtures or herbal extract solutions, so all you need is just to find out, which of those will work best for you. Below, there are some most common ways to treat acne in a natural way.
- You can apply garlic by rubbing some drops of its juice directly into your skin infected with acne. Garlic has very powerful properties to fight with infections and cleanse your skin of toxins that cause acne. The procedure should be repeated 2-3 times a day. If you want to avoid unpleasant smell of garlic, you can use a cut clove of it and dip it into milk before applying.
- Basil is another popular natural solution, which can be very effective when treating acne. It can cleanse your pores and prevent acne break outs. Basil can be used by applying its leaves directly on your skin or as a herbal tincture, which can be applied to your skin using a piece of cotton or fabric.
- Tea Tree or Lavender Oils. These essential oils have excellent anti-inflammatory properties, that is why they are recommended for treating and preventing acne break outs. By regular applying diluted essential oils (1 part of the oil for 10 parts water) you can not only disinfect and cleanse your skin, but also soothe it and reduce redness.
- Aloe Vera is a miraculous plant, which is used for treatment of a huge number of ailments and diseases. Apply some drops of fresh Aloe Vera juice on your problematic skin areas, and you will see positive changes just in a day or so.
- Another effective external skin treatment is Calendula. This herb has a lot of therapeutic properties, such as antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory. Calendula can be used for healing and treating may skin problems, including acne.
As to internal remedies and treatment of acne, the most effective way is to support and regulate chemical balance in your body in order to eliminate the causes of acne problem. For example, you can prepare herbal teas with Arctium lappa (burdock) leaves and Clover leaves. Such infusion, possibly sweetened with honey, can be of a great help for acne clear. You can also use those herbs, which can detoxify your body and help in fat digestion. In particular, Yellow Dock, Chamomile or Dandelion teas can support the function of your liver, normalize your blood circulation and improve your situation with acne. However, consult your doctor before taking these remedies in order to avoid unwanted side effects.
There are many other natural ways to ease your acne problem. At the same time, everyone who is trying to combat this ailment and wants to take advantage of natural remedies, should remember that to achieve optimum results, you have to combine your acne treatment program with proper nutrition and drinking a lot of water. Avoid eating the foods with high content of fats and carbs, incorporate lots of fresh friut and vegetables into your daily diet, and increase your water intake. In such case, you can fully count on natural remedies, and it will not take long to notice positive changes and forget about all your skin problems associated with acne.